Postpartum Doula Service
As a Postpartum Doula, Jodi is available to work with your family for one week or up to twelve weeks, depending on the level of support needed. Postpartum Doulas provide emotional & physical support for the new mother, completion of basic daily tasks so that the family can bond and information/education on baby care.
Postpartum Doulas do NOT diagnose medical conditions in the mother or the baby but will refer you to a health care provider when appropriate. Jodi has extensive training and experience in breastfeeding support, can answer breastfeeding questions and will refer you to an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant as appropriate.
It is important to choose a doula with whom you and your partner feel comfortable. A free consultation (interview) is scheduled with you, in which you can ask questions about your doula’s training and experience. The doula will also ask you questions about where you could use the most help and how she could tailor her skills to meet your needs.
A $150 deposit is required at contract signing, which will be applied to your final week of care. A care plan with your needs in mind can be created at the time of signing the contract. Jodi Green accepts checks and credit cards via PayPal (a small surcharge may apply). Discounts are available for widows/widowers and military families.
Postpartum Doula Services Include:
- One interview/consultation session
- Continuous physical and emotional support- listening to your birth story, your fears/frustrations/concerns, monitoring your postpartum recovery, etc.
- Baby care support – Assistance is provided in bathing, feeding, comforting your baby, cutting baby’s nails, organizing the nursery/your home, and more.
- Breastfeeding or formula feeding support – You will receive help with breastfeeding, pumping, supplementing, formula feeding and proper equipment cleaning.
- Baby massage
- Preparing simple, nutritious meals
- Maintaining simple housework like laundry, vacuuming, emptying garbage, straightening up the house, dust, wipe down bathrooms, dishes, etc.
- Watching the baby and/or older children so parents can rest
- Running errands
- Assistance with child proofing your home
- Assistance in creating a home schedule
- Assistance with photography and/or videotape
- Referrals to other professionals, as needed
- Unlimited telephone and email contact
- On-call (limited) during the time of service
Postpartum Doula Service Availability and Fees
A minimum of two three-hour shifts is required (a minimum of 6 hours) to retain services. Jodi is available during the day, evenings, some nights and some weekends. The fee for Post Partum Doula Services is $35/hour, regardless of the day of the week or time of day service is requested. Fee increases to $40/hour for the 24 hours before and after national and personal holidays. In the event that your doula is suddenly unavailable at your scheduled time due to circumstances beyond her control, you will be notified, and given the opportunity to reschedule. There is no charge for days on which doula service is not provided. Postpartum Care fees may be reimbursible by your insurance provider, and receipts to assist you in filing will be provided.